top of page


Both local and international yogis need to contact the center to arrange for their retreats prior to their arrival. Foreign yogis need a visa to enter Myanmar.

If you want to meditate for less than 28 days, you may enter Myanmar on a tourist visa which doesn’t require a sponsorship letter as a part of the visa application. However, we require that all yogis apply and receive our confirmation prior to entering the country.

  • Download the Kyunpin Application Form, complete it and e-mail it back to  or complete our Online Application. Please indicate when you want to come to the center.

  • On acceptance, the yogi will be sent a sponsorship letter. This letter states that the center has accepted you as a yogi.

  • Obtain a meditation visa application from your local Embassy of Myanmar. Complete the form and submit it to the embassy together with the sponsorship letter.

  • When you have decided when you would like to come to the center, please contact the center by phone or e-mail to confirm your arrival plans.

  • If you wish to extend your stay, you will have to ask for permission from the teacher, at least 45 days before your visa expires. If approved, the center can help extend your meditation visa. The first extension can be made for 3 months at the expense of about $75. Please note that ONLY meditation visas can be extended and visa extension is only permitted to yogis who have proven to have good self-discipline and practice respectfully according to guidance.

  • Anyone who plans to stay in Myanmar for more than 70 days needs to apply for the “Stay Permit (FRC)” from the immigration authority. The center will take care of this process for you.

Myanmar Embassy in Thailand
132, Sathorn NUA Road, Bangkok, 10500, Thailand
Phone: +66-2-234-4698, +66-2-233-7250

Opening hours: 9AM - 12AM and 1PM - 4PM

Myanmar Embassy in USA
2300, S St., N.W., Washington D.C., 20008, U.S.A.

Tel :   Tel: (202) 332-4352, (202) 238-9332

Fax :  (202) 332-4351


Official e-mail for Consular Matters:

(1) Visa:

(2) Verification/Income Tax:

bottom of page